- Beautiful dew-covered roses, the first of my little zinnias blooming, eating lots of fresh basil.
- Running into friends at the playground and playing until the kids actually ask to go home.
- Costco is selling the Kirkland brand all-natural peanut butter again! They discontinued it for a while and it bummed me out so bad. My kids eat a lot of peanut butter and it's one of those things I'm picky about. I'll only buy brands that have 2 ingredients: peanuts and salt. No sugar, no palm oil, no weird preservatives. The Kirkland brand has BY FAR the best texture, and is the cheapest too. Hoorays all around!
- Seeing my friend Kaitlyn and finally meeting her husband Harbor! We chatted in downtown Naperville until Norah had a screaming fit and tried to take her clothes off in public. Just your standard 2 year old behavior. :)
- Daniel Tiger's Neighborhood is on Netflix now!
- Letting the kids stay up way past their bedtime, playing in the backyard and eating ice cream in the evenings. Who wants to go to bed when the sun is still out anyway?
I'm really settling in to this summer and I honestly think this is the happiest I've been as a stay at home mom. It's a really contented feeling.
How have your summer days been?