Things I am proud of in 2013
1. Not completely losing my mind or having a nervous breakdown after a drunk driver crashed through our house and then waiting the next 5 months for it to get back to normal.
2. Getting sketchbooks for my kids and drawing together on a regular basis.
3. Making and producing my first zine, and finishing another one (almost ready, super excited to put it up on etsy this month).
4. Moving up to the advanced level in Derby Lite and scrimagging without breaking my leg.
5. Never seeing the video of Miley Cyrus on the VMAs, and still not really knowing what Duck Dynasty is. (This is definitely something to be proud of, right?)
Goals for 2014
1. Licht Family Hot Dog Tour of Chicagoland! Mike and I decided we're going to visit all the most famous hot dog spots in the area this year. Chicagoans take their hot dogs pretty seriously so I'm curious to experience it all.
2. Send (at least!) one letter or package every week. Sending mail has become something that brings me a lot of joy and I want to remember this and continue to do it.
3. Learn how to do a hockey stop on my roller skates.
4. Teach David to read, teach Norah to write her name.
5. Go on an art retreat or just go on a solo vacation for a few days. 2013 dried up every bit of my creative reserves and I'm yearning to refill them.
Happy New Year, friends.